Pour and Explore: Day 2

TO SEE DAY ONE, CLICK HERE: Pour and Explore: Day 1

The goal: 

to create an edible play dough for Outdoor Sensory time.  Last week's rice based 'Pour and Explore' was a hit and I hoped this would have similar results.  After comparing the ingredient list to my pantry, I halved the recipe to mix the following:


1 cup Flour (extra to roll)

1/2 cup Salt

1/2 cup Water (extra to sight)

I decided to go from basic to extra and add in a bit of food coloring and flavoring; seeing as how we only has yellow available, the lemon flavoring/scent was the only real choice.


How to:

Check our our page for full instructions:



The Results:

So, we successfully created the dough and placed it in the activity we still had going from the day before; (Pour and Explore: Puff Rice Edition) and it seemed to fit in quite well!  I have "heard' you can create shapes with the dough and through it in the oven @ 200 until hard, but I did't have a few hours to babysit my stove SO outside it went!


And of course, because of who his parents are, he spent more time playing with the broom sweeping up than playing!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sensory Bins - Break-it-Down