Parenting... #reflectionO2021

Does anybody else sometimes seem to feel paralyzed when considering all the fine details of the role of being your child's advocate?

Please don't misunderstand me! Parenting is the greatest gift and joy I have experienced thus far in my three and a half decades of living! For most of us it's a goal that we decide upon in our earliest of years. I feel blessed and grateful, but also human.

And the days pre L.O. I would observe or be around kids and have such critical thoughts... How I would do it differently? Why they were allowing this particular "thing" (eg behavior, language, etc.) to continue? For what reason were they not implementing <insert fill in the blank> strategy or structure for progress? Those earlier years of my life it was all so clear and simple.

As I sit here, and my mother's home, watching my Little One play with...well, e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. I realized how unrealistic and illogical some of my expectations were. 

This might seem contrary to the picture I posted today; however, I assure you there is a connection. With so many CPE hours under my belt, and so many to go, I am constantly calming myself from stress. No parent ever felt that, right? 
🤔🧐🤓

Now the questions arise with an altered perspective. Instead of just questioning my choices, I find myself trying to consider more than that.   Let me try to explain this in a different way...

I found a following picture references that might help? Please consider the three graphics below, and make sure to give yourself a few minutes (notice I did not say seconds) to consider the following:
1. Which graphics are related?
2. How are they related?
3. Which graphic gave you the strongest feeling?
4. How does the theme relate to you and your parenting style?
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . 
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . 
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . 
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . 
If you would like to have professional talk (big girl panties might be required 🤔😉) you have my number!?

Otherwise, the last thing to hear from me might be a bit more complex than the opener of this piece. While I understand that I have gained much progress to my goals with a positive outlook, I also realize that from here on out if others on my team can't do the same, then I have some deep reflection to do. How can I question and learn more about deadlines, to meet my little ones needs, while I see so much that I need to improve? Do my limitations also limit my families future options?
🧐
Keeping my fingers crossed that your New Year's plans are what you want & need them to be.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sensory Bins - Break-it-Down